Are you planning to open a saving account in Citibank? If yes, then here we are going to provide you every single detail related to the Citibank Savings Account Opening. City bank is the reputed premium bank founded in the year 1902. Currently, the bank has total Forty-Four (44) branches in 31 cities. The bank provides one of the famous (saving account) facility for the customers who wish to save their money for the future. The Citibank savings account not only allows the customer to save their money but also provides various additional facilities along with it. The account holder also earns the interest approx. 3.5% p.a. on its saving.
Many more additional benefits will be provided with the Citibank Savings Account like complimentary debit card, reward points, and many others. The rate of interest varies a per the guidelines. The bank offers mainly four (04) saving accounts that are Citibank Savings Account, Savings Account for Expatriate, Citibank Suvidha Salary Account, Citigold. The bank charges for all the accounts will be different. You can apply for the Citibank Savings Account Opening wither by online mode or by offline mode. The process to apply from both ways has been provided below. The other details like banking charges, the interest rate has also been provided below check it by scroll down the page.
Features of Citibank Savings Account
- A debit card is issued by the bank without any extra charges
- Internet banking (Instant fund transfers 24*7)
- Mobile Banking App with lots of features
- 27*7 customer care services
- No or very fewer charges on lots of banking services
- The account holder can earn Reward points by using the debit card
- Access the account with mobile phone only
- Instant fund transfers
Different Types of Citibank Savings Accounts
- Citibanking Savings Account
- Citibank Suvidha Salary Account
- Citibank Savings Account for Expatriates
- Citibank Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account and Small Account
- Citibank Senior Account
- Citibank Junior Account
Interest Rate Of Citibank Savings Account
|Type of Savings A/C||Interest Rate||Minimum Balance Required|
|Citibank Savings A/c||4% per annum||–|
|Citibank Suvidha Salary A/c||4% per annum||No minimum balance required|
|Citibank Savings A/c for Expatriates||4% per annum||–|
Documents Required to Open Citibank Savings Account
- Passport size photograph
- Identity Proof (Aadhaar card, Voter ID card, PAN card, Passport, etc.)
- Address Proof (Licence card, voter ID card, passport etc.)
- PAN card copy (mandatory)
Steps For Citibank Savings Account Opening (Online)
- Visit the official website of the Citibank
- After that, you have to press the “banking” link visible at the top menu bar of the home page.
- Now you will get the various options; from there, you have to choose and to press the savings account you wish to open.
- After that, press the “open a bank account” button.
- Thereafter you are required to enter the essential details like name, mobile number, city, profession, annual income, etc.
- After filling the said details, check them once after that press the “I agree to the terms and conditions” button.
- Now you are required to press the “call me” button.
- If the bank finds that you have fulfilled the eligibility criteria of the bank, then you will get a call back from one of the bank executives.
- One the call verification is done, you have to visit the nearest bank branch, must assure to carry all the required documents for the verification process.
- After the completion of the process, the bank will send the SMS to the customers registered mobile number for the activation of the account, and the welcome kit will send to the bank holder.
Steps For Citibank Savings Account Opening (Offline)
- Firstly, visit the nearest branch of the city bank with all the necessary documents for KYC.
- Now, meet the bank executive and tell him/her that you wish to open the bank account.
- After that select, the type of savings accounts you want to go with
- Fill the application form for opening the bank account.
- Attach or submit the required documents with the application form.
- Submit the application form with documents with the bank only.
- You will get the confirmation of the activation of the account, and you will receive a welcome kit.
Comment below to ask any questions.